Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Expanding the good news

Today is one of the first days I have been properly back at the office, despite a visit to the dentist in the middle of the afternoon.

There's a huge backlog to get through after the various problems visiting hospitals, and doing everything at home.

So how do I begin to catch up with myself?

One idea is to be more regular about this blog and the possibility of dialogue with others it creates. We want to expand the "Medjugorje family" which is around us. Now that Benedict XVI has followed John Paul II with direct support for the positive effects so many pilgrims find in Medjugorje, it is time to spread the word even further.

Because I am non-Catholic in the Roman sense, I have freedom of expression rather more than those directly subject to Rome. I try hard not to abuse it but to remain objective. I'm not sure that the Medjugorje hardliners would agree with me, but the present Bishop - Ratko Peric - has made some very good comments about what should and should not be done there. Nevertheless I strongly support the idea of pilgrimage to Medjugorje. I know of too many lives changed for the good by making a pilgrimage to there!

I'm also a "Priest-Associate of the Holy House" at Walsingham in Norfolk(in the East Anglia region of England for those reading from abroad). The Church of England is still very unaware of the great goodness in that place, and its expansion. Lots and lots of good things going on there. It is place of pilgrimage for just about all - an Anglican Shrine, a Roman Catholic Shrine, two peaceful Orthodox churches with a huge sense of the holy about them. There is also a chapel where John Wesley preached. Quite a place to visit. If you are planning a holiday in England - go to Walsingham and enjoy the holy places, the glorious countryside and coast, and the beautiful market towns and villages. If you like racing, there's usually something on at Fakenham as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home