Monday, October 26, 2009

Who Goes There?

Dear Reader,

Unlike the normal sentry, I haven't said "Halt!" I would like some, at any rate of my readers to comment or let me know who - if anyone - is reading the post. It would be nice to know who you all are.

Today the process of re-entry carries on. The computer is slow still, but is gradually more able to come to heel quickly. So to a quick comment as regards yesterday's posts.

My concern is, I guess, spiritual blindness. Interesting as this subject is I am no expert, but yesterday's readings were about blindness and this by implication. Many of my colleagues are saying publically how happy they will be to accept Pope Benedict XVI's offer and become Roman Catholics. The priests among them must be either blind to the implications, ill-read, or guiltly of hypocrisy ... none of which I believe to be true ... well, maybe one or two cases - but we are taught not to judge. If they accept, they accept a package which says that their ordinations are null and void and invalid completely. There are no "If's" and "Buts". That is the simple state of affairs.

So why haven't I read of resignations en masse from all these colleagues? Is it that they are merely playing at something and that the cross-over to Rome is a merely decorative matter in their opinion. What I mean is: now they are Anglicans playing at being Romans; then they will Romans playing at being Anglicans. In other words they under-estimate the hugeness of the step before hand.

Cheerfully and robustly as always my MP, Michael Gove, has written some useful words on the matter. These I leave to another post as this is long enough already!

Till then,

Yours ay,

Every blessing,

Ted Baty

So then to today's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home