Monday, April 25, 2011

Self Worth


YOUR OWN WORTH SHOULD BE WORTH IT!



Do you really know what you are worth?



Often we sabotage ourselves. Here are the "Search and Rescue" programmes to stop this from blowing your self worth out of the water.



Any average person can learn these easily, practice them. They may be simple but they are all-important!



1. Always know exactly what you want, and allow your whole being to strive, without wavering, to follow the path to your plan.
2. Design a good plan, and don't let it lie dormant for any waking moment.
3. Develop the ability to turn away from negative thoughts whenever you encounter them. Learn to avoid them, and become oblivious to them. Make a habit of consigning them to a dustbin far away from your thoughts!



The phrase "If only" is well called "the national anthem of the neurotic personality." *It leads to all sorts of perceived difficulties, creates alibis, formulates excuses, and achieves nothing more than a huge increase in the size of the chips on our shoulders!
"If onlys" need dumping. I put them into the same bracket as the intrusive "just," so beloved of the informal prayer group. This is the word "just" inserted into prayers, and limiting the scope of what is asked. "I just wanted to ask you Lord for …” is a prayer which may well evoke the reply from the Lord, "I had something far more important in mind." The word "just" limits our thinking. Indeed the only place for "just," "if only," and such like is in remorse and repentance. "If only I hadn't done it, Lord …" that sort of prayer. Penitence and confession is a huge dumping ground for all the negatives of life. Confess and get rid of them! The Lord forgives the truly penitent.


He is extremely worried about the deeply neurotic!



There is a very large psychic dustbin and waste disposal unit ready for every negative. Let's look at a few, alongside their antidotes.



HOW MUCH IS A GOOD ALIBI WORTH?



* If only I had enough money ...
Antidote - "enough never is"
* If only I had enough time ...
Antidote - "You've got all of twenty four hours, just like the rest of us"
* If other people only understood me ...
Antidote - "Would you really like people to know all that about you?"
* If I had no fear, what would they say ...
Antidote - "Wow! ... probably"
* If only I was given a chance ...
Antidote - "Look around. How many more do you want?"
* If only I had the talent to do what I want to do ...
Antidote - "Try it another way"
* If I dared to stand up and assert myself ...
Antidote - "Why don't you have a go?"
* If my family only understood me ...
Antidote - "Problem is - they do!"
* If I could just get started ...
Antidote - "I'm not stopping you!"
* If someone would just give me a break ...
Antidote - "Break a leg!"
* If I only knew where to find out all about it ...
Antidote - "It's right there in front of you."
* If I knew how, everything would be so easy ...
Antidote - "So, do what you can - all that you do know!"
* If good luck came my way, I'd be rich ...
Antidote - "Compared to what?"
* If more people would only listen to me ...
Antidote - "Try listening to more people instead!"
* If I had the right education ...
Antidote - "For what?"
* If I had been given a better chance ...
Antidote - "Better than which chance?"
* If I could meet the right people ...
Antidote - "Say 'Hello' more often."
* If I didn't have to take care of the house and kids ...
Antidote - "So you're already running a domestic business."
* If only I had someone to help me, I could get started ...
Antidote - "Have you asked anyone?"
* If only I had the personality to start a business ...
Antidote - "What business?"
* If I didn't owe so much money ...
Antidote - "Stop spending it then!"
* If I only knew how to do it ...
Antidote - "I think you do - the next step at any rate."
* If I were sure of myself, I would start tomorrow ...
Antidote - "Today might be a better time."
* If I had a business of my own, I'd have it made ...
Antidote - "Have what made?"
IF ... you're truly a sincere person ... do you really have the courage to see yourself as you really are?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home